If you’re a construction firm owner, you might be thinking of purchasing plant because your business is booming, and you are receiving more projects than before. You might have the finances to invest in heavy construction equipment right now. But you should also think of other options. You may need the funds later for equipment that you should have on-hand, rather than spend your money on equipment that you are not going to use every time you have a project.
You can gain several benefits when you choose a plant hire service, most of which can lower your overhead costs.
Advantages of using plant hire services
Check these reasons to hire plant, as recommended by Lancashire Plant Hire before you decide to purchase heavy equipment. You may find that hiring could be much better than purchasing, which could deplete your firm’s funds that you can use for other immediate and future expenses.
- You can access the latest equipment models. Heavy equipment constantly undergoes design and technology upgrades due to the needs of the industry. Therefore, when you hire plant, you take advantage of the latest upgraded models.
- You can make comparisons. When you hire plant, you can compare the different specifications and manufacturers to see which one performs better and meets your needs. Further, you can choose which firm offers the most competitive rates.
- You can test the equipment. If you are unsure of what you need, a plant hire company gives you the chance to test different equipment, particularly if you are planning to purchase later.
- More value for your money. If you hire, you will have the opportunity to use a piece of equipment that has a higher specification than what you require, which can help in the faster and efficient completion of jobs.
- Saves time and money. You do not have to worry about maintenance because the plant hire firm takes care of it. You do not have to assign a worker to maintain the machinery either. In case of equipment failure, the plant hire firm can replace the machinery, minimising delay, provided the failure is due to the equipment and not caused by the user.
- Storage and security. You do not have to worry about where you will keep the purchased equipment. The plant hire company will deliver the equipment directly to where you need it.
- Cost-effective. When you purchase equipment, you worry about depreciation. Likewise, you need to store the equipment and keep it secure, which adds to your overhead costs, while there will be times when you do not have to use the machinery. When you hire, you only pay for the time you use the machinery. Moreover, hiring plant is tax-deductible.
Purchasing construction equipment is a huge investment, which many smaller and medium-sized companies cannot afford. Aside from the purchase price, you have to think of the insurance fees, the maintenance and repair costs, and the cost of transporting the equipment to the construction site. On the other hand, you can easily find the right equipment you need, when you need it, at a much lower price when you hire plant.